About the Carpetbagger
Pieces made by The Carpetbagger have captured the attention of the entertainment industry. Carpetbagger bags appeared in period pieces and others like:
- The Lone Ranger
- Hell on Wheels (western)
- Amistad (Live on NBC) "
- The Love Letter a Hallmark Hall of Fame special
- Hello, Dolly at the Shubert Theatre in New York (Bette Midler)
- The Knick on Cinemax’s (Clive Owen)
- The Bold and The Beautiful
- A Little Night Music on Broadway at the Walter Kerr Theatre (Catherine Zetta Jones and Angela Lansbury),
- Last Man Standing (Tim Allen)
- Harriet on Nexflix (Cynthia Erivo)
Located at L.B.'s Shoe Repair in historic downtown Woodstock, The Carpetbagger creates popular reproduction carpetbags and travel bags perfect for modern needs such as purses and knitting bags. They also are a favorite of Civil War enthusiasts and re-enactors looking for a special touch. You must come in the shoe repair shop located at 140 West Court Street, just up the street from the oldest courthouse still in use west of the Blue Ridge - originally built in 1791 and a Virginia Historic Landmark that is on the National Register of Historic Places. Civil War buffs know the Northern Shenandoah Valley of Virginia well as the location of many key battles in the Civil War.
These carpetbags are available in a secured On-line Store and feature nearly 100 different fabrics to choose from. Send us an information request or visit the shop only 1.5 hours from Washington D.C., just off US Route 11.